I personally blew a tyre (calf) going round the bend at the far end of the parkrun course, but it gave me an opportunity to witness the best of parkrun as I limped home. As all the runners streamed past I had the opportunity to cheer them on, high five a few of the more enthusiastic ones, shout encouragement as the leaders headed for home and stop to chat to the volunteers who had given up their time to allow the rest of us to run.
We are short of volunteers this week so if you were thinking of volunteering for the first time or recovering from injury or resting up for a race now's your opportunity. Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to add your name to the roster.
Unfortunately another 2 finish tokens went walk about this week. If you were in position 59 or 76 and accidently took the token home to introduce them to your family, please let us know so we can arrange their return. The rest of the finish tokens are missing their siblings. We only have one set of finish tokens so they are really missed.
Congratulations to the following runners who set age category records:
- VW65-69 Sandy PEARCE 30:14
- VM65-69 Bruce John FLAHERTY 25:54
This week 84 people ran, jogged and walked the course, of whom 21 were first timers and 12 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 8 different clubs took part.
The event was made possible by 9 volunteers:
- Muhamad RIZAL • Indira PATEL • Jonathan PRICE • Chiu WAUGH • Robert AYLIFFE • Rosie LAMBROU • Alison PATEL • Emily WALKER • Cerys SHANLEY
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the West Coast Park parkrun Results Page.
- Pablo DIAGO (VM35-39) (Unattached) was first over the line in 18:43 - 6th time in 15 appearances.
- Shau Meng TEO (VM40-44) (Unattached) was second over the line in 19:27.
- Stephen WOODS (VM35-39) (Unattached) was third over the line in 19:30.
- Jessica SO (VW40-44) of Aon United, was first (18th overall) over the line in 23:52 - third time in 9 appearances.
- Natalie RITCHIE (VW40-44) (Unattached) was second (25th overall) over the line in 25:15.
- Charmaine CHAN (SW30-34) (Unattached) was third (26th overall) over the line in 25:21 - was first to finish once before.
The three highest age grades were recorded by:
- Johnny LOW (VM50-54) – 74.64% for the time 19:55 (7th overall).
- Russell WAUGH (VM50-54) – 74.15% for the time 20:03 (9th overall).
- John CHEAL (VM45-49) – 72.89% for the time 19:55 (6th overall).
The female record is held by Indira PATEL who recorded a time of 00:18:02 on 1st April 2017 (event number 18).
The male record is held by Creighton CONNOLLY who recorded a time of 00:17:22 on 28th January 2017 (event number 9).
The Age Grade course record is held by Ian CAMERON who recorded 89.41% (18:25) on 29th April 2017 (event number 22).
West Coast Park parkrun started on 3rd December 2016. Since then 596 participants have completed 1,860 parkruns covering a total distance of 9,300 km, including 498 new Personal Bests.
P.S. My physio says I am a weakling complaining about nothing so should be up and running in a week. YAY.