The course is 5000m (5K) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. West Coast Park, West Coast Highway, Singapore tarmac paths concrete paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The West Coast Park parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that West Coast Park parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionWest Coast Park parkrun is an elongated figure of eight course around West Coast Park, a regional park opened in the southwest of Singapore in 1979.
The meeting/briefing point for the run is the Amphitheatre at the southern end of the Open Space, West Coast Park (on the other side of the children’s playground to Car Park 3 and McDonalds).
Starting on the main footpath 100m west of the Amphitheatre, parkrunners head south-eastwards, via the underpass at West Coast Ferry Road, to complete one loop of the south-eastern section of the park in a clockwise direction. On completion of the south-eastern loop, parkrunners head back in the direction of the start, eventually taking the right-hand fork in the footpath just before the children’s playground, running past McDonalds before completing one loop of the north-western section of the park around the Open Space in an anti-clockwise direction to finish beside the Amphitheatre.
The route is run entirely on concrete and tarmac footpaths and is relatively flat except for a small dip at the West Coast Ferry Road underpass.
FacilitiesAt the start/finish area there are toilets, open showers, shelters, bike stands, a children’s playgrounds and a McDonalds.
Due to the hot conditions in Singapore, all participants are asked to bring along their own water which can be refilled at the sinks in the toilet block.
Location of startThe meeting/briefing point for the run is the Amphitheatre at the southern end of the Open Space, West Coast Park (on the other side of the children’s playground to Car Park 3 and McDonalds).
The run starts on the main footpath outside McDonalds.
Getting there by public transportThe closest MRT stations to the meeting point are Clementi (East West line) and Haw Par Villa (Circle line).
From Haw Par Villa cross over the road via the overhead bridge and take the #176 to B17361 (outside McDonalds on West Coast Highway) or the #175 to B71081 on West Coast Link (around 200m walk from the McDonalds).
From Clementi MRT either walk to the Bus Interchange and take the #175 to B17369 on West Coast Highway (across the road from McDonalds) or take the #201 from Commonwealth Road West to stop B17389 on West Coast Road (around 500m walk from the start).
Those coming from the west can also take the #176 from Jurong Town Hall Road near Jurong East MRT station to B17369.
Bus Services #30, #51 and #143 stop around 500m away from West Coast Park at stops B17381 and B17389 on West Coast Road.
Taxis can be flagged on the morning itself or pre-booked the night before for an additional fee. Ask to be dropped off at Car Park 3, West Coast Park (by McDonalds). Approximate cost from the city centre is $10-$15 plus booking fee.
See streetdirectory.com and transitlink.com to help you plan your journey.