All parkrun events in this country are currently suspended due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). For further details please see here
The course is 5000m (5K) long. The event takes place at East Coast Park (Car Park B1), Singapore The course is run on a mixture of tarmac paths and concrete paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The East Coast Park parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that East Coast Park parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
East Coast Park parkrun is an out and back course following the picturesque coastline of East Coast Park. Starting on the pathway beside Car Park B1, the route goes east 2.5km staying on the left hand side of the pathway all the way until the 2.5km turnaround point. The route is completely flat.
The East Coast Park itself is a beach park located on the southeastern coast of Singapore. It was opened in the 1970s, when the government completed reclaiming land off the coast at Katong which extends from Changi to Tanjong Rhu.
At the start/finish there are toilets, showers, shelter, bike stands, drinks vending machine.
Note there are no water fountains in the park. Due to the hot conditions in Singapore, all participants are asked to bring along their own water.
Location of startThe meeting/briefing point for the run is next to the footpath on East Coast Park, around 100m west of the toilet block at Car Park B1.
Getting there by public transportThe closest Saturday morning operational bus stops to the meeting point are along Tanjong Katong Road (Services #36, #48), Mountbatten Road (#12, #14, #196) and Fort Road (#30, #158). All are a ten to fifteen minute walk from the meeting point.
The closest MRT stations to the meeting point are Stadium, Mountbatten and Dakota (all on the Circle Line). Either jog the 2km to the meeting point or take a five minute taxi ride (approximate cost $5-$7)
Taxis can be flagged on the morning itself or pre-booked the night before for an additional fee. Ask to be dropped off at Car Park B1, East Coast Park Service Road, Fort Road end. Car Park B1 is the first car park on your right after accessing East Coast Park Service Road from Fort Road. Allow fifteen minutes for the journey from the city centre.
Approximate cost is $10-$15 plus booking fee.
Getting there on footThe closest underpasses to the meeting point are off Katong Park and Meyer Road.
Also see streetdirectory.com and the SMRT website to help you plan your journey.
Tourists may find it easiest to take a taxi.
Getting there by roadEnter East Coast Park via East Coast Park Service Road. Park either at carpark B1 (start/finish area) or at Big Splash carpark and walk down 700m.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in Starbucks, Big Splash (approx. 700m from the start line) - please come and join us!